Driver may be nominated for Driver of the Month for any outstanding act of heroism, a contribution to highway safety, an extraordinary act of courtesy, an exceptional deed or act of service to mankind within the community reflecting positively on the motor carrier industry, or for a long period of safe and courteous driving. An outstanding act shall be deemed to mean unusual or other than the normal every day courtesies afforded by truck drivers.
1. The nominated driver must be an employee of a member in good standing of the South Dakota Trucking Association.
2. The nominated driver must have been employed by the present employer for at least two years and have a minimum of five years overall experience.
3. South Dakota domiciled* drivers are eligible for nomination for an outstanding act performed in any state.
*The intent of the word "domiciled" shall be interpreted to mean: Any driver reporting to or regularly dispatched from a terminal within the State of South Dakota (in keeping with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations definition of his home terminal) regardless of where the driver may dwell.
4. A driver may receive the Driver of the Month award only one time in any contest year. He/she may be renominated in any subsequent year.
5. Nominations for outstanding acts on the highway shall be accompanied by supporting evidence (letters, statements, news clipping, etc.). A clear, factual account is absolutely necessary. Vague generalizations will not be accepted.
6. A copy of recent driver motor vehicle record check must accompany the nomination.
7. Drivers nominated and not selected as Driver of the Month will be held over and used in the following month's selection. Nominees not selected in either of these two months may be renonimated for any future month's selection.
8. Entries must be in the office of the South Dakota Trucking Association no later than the 10th of each month for that current month's contest.
9. Nominations may be made by any party, but must be approved by the employer or a representative of the employer.
10. The annual contest will run from September of the previous year through August of the current year.
11. Company agrees to submit a professional, head and shoulders, black and white photo of entry upon notification of winning. (3" X 5" preferred)